Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So here goes. This is an experiment for me. It might be short lived, too. 

I live a pretty good life. I have a job...which I'm grateful for every day, especially in todays' world. I have been married for almost 28 years and have four great children. I am really proud of my family. Two of my children are married and have chosen very good people to add to this family. I am pretty laid back so I am told. When I was a younger adult I was not so calm, so maybe aging is a good thing.  I am LDS, which defines a lot about me. I am grateful for this, too. I can only imagine how mixed up I would be without knowing what I know. I feel very blessed. My faith runs very deep and has since I was very young. That, too, was a blessing as I grew up.  

In the last few years I have made some bold changes in my life. It started with motorcycles. One day after observing how much fun other couples were having on rides, I thought, I'd like to learn how to ride a motorcycle. A few months later,  I had taken a safety class and we both had bikes. My husband, Kent, jumped at this opportunity. I have really enjoyed riding my  bike, and feel pretty happy with myself for taking on this challenge. Two years ago, after many years of being very overweight, I decided to have weight loss surgery. Six weeks after surgery I started a running program. I have enjoyed several 5ks, a half marathon and I am currently training for a triathlon. I hope I can keep it up....I am getting older and started later in life, but I am trying to be smart and safe with my aging body. It has been a real boost in my life to be able to do things I wanted to do many  years ago. A year ago, I decided to change my work area and go into surgical nursing, which again, was something I had always wanted to do. So, I am happy with these changes. Yet, I still feel I need others....I feel the constant reminder to focus on the eternal....I need a bit more balance in my life. I need to invest more time and energy into pursuits that have eternal benefits, like family history work and personal study. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You have a blog! I never thought you'd get one...but this will be great :)Explore your creative self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and for a cute layout (though this one is nice, too) go to thecutestblogontheblock.com ...and click on"free backgrounds" on the left. When you find one you like, (I personally like the one called BLISSFUL SUMMER) then click on it and a list of instructions is posted. If you have trouble, I can log in to your account & do it for you :)

    ReplyDelete